Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS)
Update on CAPS Services
We are your go-to campus resource for emotional, social, and behavioral health support. We provide brief, goal-focused services and there is no out-of-pocket cost for most services*. Our team is here to help you find the best fit for service, whether that be CAPS individual, couples, or group counseling, psychiatry, or coordinating with our amazing case management team for assistance in finding off-campus resources.
CAPS is offering in-person appointments this fall, with options for telebehavioral health as needed. To start services, students can schedule a free phone screening via the UHC Patient Portal or by calling CAPS at 706-542-2273. All CAPS Initial sessions are in-person. Masking is encouraged. During this session, you will have the opportunity to discuss options with your provider, including whether to continue in-person or to have further sessions via telebehavioral health. In determining the appropriateness of telebehavioral health, clinical considerations and best practices for specific presenting concerns will take precedence in this decision.
We have expanded our group offerings for the semester and will have both in-person and telebehavioral opportunities for group participation. For more information on our group offerings, you can review the Fall 2021 Group Schedule.
Psychiatry services do not require counseling services within CAPS.
As always, CAPS remains committed to supporting students. 24/7 support is available by calling CAPS directly at 706-542-2273.
*For students who pay the health fee and bill insurance.
We acknowledge the anxiety, fear, anger and sadness you may be experiencing right now in addition to the ever-present stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We also acknowledge how these events disproportionately impact the mental health and wellness of our students in the African-American/Black communities and, subsequently, the friends, family, and partners who care for and are close to those most impacted.
CAPS would like to serve as a safe, supportive resource for you. If you need someone to talk to or would like assistance with connecting to resources, please do not hesitate to call us at 706-542-2273.
We are here. We see you. We care.
Please see our list of African-American/Black Mental Health Resources
These acts of hate, in the context of the global pandemic, the attack on the US Capitol and acts of racial violence against African-Americans are undoubtedly impacting the mental health and well-being of our community, locally and globally. Direct and indirect exposure to such events can be troubling, concerning, and traumatizing and result in many emotional reactions. As always, if you or someone know is in distress, please know we are here to help. Students may contact CAPS at any time by calling 706-542-2273.
Christie Campus Health
UGA Christie Campus Resources gives you 24/7 access to counselors and mental health resources to help you cope with concerns that very from minor and manageable to severe. Services are free to students.
- A 24/7/365 mental health support line for in-the-moment support and linkages to next steps, regardless of time of day or your location. Call us anytime, any place at 833-910-3371.
- No cost Telehealth and in-person treatment sessions provided by a diverse network of licensed mental health clinicians. To learn about your options just call us at 833-910-3371.
- Virtual Psychiatric Clinics to offer assessment and medication management. To learn about your options just call us at 833-910-3371.
- Personal Student Navigators to assist with referral coordination and support.
- ICare: a self-guided online program designed to help college students learn to manage emotions. Content includes modules on sleep, self-acceptance, perfectionism and more. Call 833-910-3371 for a referral to ICare.
- “The Wellness Hub” which includes an App and an online wellness magazine with educational content, self-help tools and resource links. Click here to access the Christie Campus Health UGA Wellness Hub: ugawellnesshub.com